Saturday, February 19, 2011

What next?

Pin It
Last week's no-sugary treat challenge was...well, challenging.  I thought I'd go crazy today and eat all the sugary treats in sight, but I didn't.  I had some frozen yogurt and a sugar-free jell-o cup.  I suppose technically I could have had the jell-o cup last week, but I decided not to do fake-sugary treats along with the real.

So now what?  What's next?  I am 1.4 pounds away from 100 pounds lost.  What can I do to kick things up this week?  I don't think I'll do another sugar-free week.  I think I need to up the exercise in some way.  I am limited with the time I have in the gym because of the bus system (last direct bus home from the gym - which is downtown by my work - is at 6:15pm giving me about one hour to get to the gym, change, workout and leave).  I think when I meet with my trainer on Wednesday that I might ask her to do some boxing with me...kick boxing stuff.  Last time I asked her about yoga, but quite frankly, yoga bores me.  My workouts to date have been consisting of treadmill - interval workouts - either incline or speed; strength training - free weights for upper body and machines for lower - I hate, HATE lunges and squats, hence the machines.  I think I need to add something different.  I've been thinking about doing the stairs at work - maybe once up and once down per day.  I work on the 13th floor...not overly high, but high enough.  I miss the stairmaster that they had at my old gym.  It burned more calories in a shorter period of time than the treadmill or the elliptical does.  BUT my new gym opens two weeks from TODAY!  I can't wait.  I can get back to water aerobics, there's an indoor track (hopefully it'll be less boring than the treadmill), a brand new gym where the cardio machines EACH have their own TV!  Oh, I can't wait!

I'm off to figure out supper.  Bought some new stuff at the Bulk Barn today - bulgur, chia seeds and some more quinoa.  I think tonight will be a quinoa stir fry...last week's was SO good :-)

1 comments:

Blogger said...

I'll bet you won't guess what muscle in your body is the muscle that eliminates joint and back pains, anxiety and burns fat.

If this "secret" highly powerful primal muscle is healthy, you are healthy.