Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant

Pin It
Nope, nothing in particular wrong with today.  This expression just makes me laugh :-)  Same stuff going on, just a different day of the week2.  I went to the gym at lunchtime today so that I could go out tonight, but ended up working late, so got home close to the same time as I would have had I gone to the gym...oh well, such is life.  Still went out, just brought my supper with me :-)

Today is day THREE of sugary-snack-free week!  I made it 60% of the way through my plight.  OK, plight is kind of a strong word.  I'm 60% of the way to my goal I set for this week and am hoping and praying that it pays off on the scale on Saturday morning.  Trying not to get my hopes up too much!  Tonight I was greeted at the door by my friend's 3 year old holding a plate of cream puffs.  "Look what we MADE Tanya!!!! and guess what???  If you were good, you can HAVE one!"  I gotta love this kid.  She's 3 (almost 4) going on 34.  I told her I was going to pass on them tonight and she told me OK, but the other people there could have some if they were good ;-)  I gotta say, I love cream puffs!  She went around and offered them to everyone there and bless her heart, she bypassed me every time :-)

Ok, I am beat.  Going to bed now to face Thursday in the morning...which I briefly thought was Friday (only long enough to pick out my jeans in my mind and then to quickly put them back since I have to wear "real" work clothes on Thursdays...).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are almost there....over half-way. Good for you.