Monday, February 7, 2011

Please don't let it end!!

Pin It Have you ever had a meal that tasted so good that you didn't want it to end?  Tonight I made a recipe inspired by Gina over at Gina's Skinny Recipes.  Basically I heated some olive oil, spices and half a chipotle pepper in adobo sauce in a frying pan as I was cooking some organic red quinoa (pronounced keen-wah).  I chopped up any veggies I could find (red/green peppers, celery, mushrooms, onions, celery) and a chicken breast.  I added the chicken to the pan and sauteed for a couple minutes and then added the veggies.  To this mixture I added 2 tsp fish sauce (holy sodium batman!  Mom, this recipe is NOT for you!!).  Once the quinoa was cooked I added it to the frying pan mixture and mixed it all up.  I made a well in the middle and cracked one egg in and scrambled it up til cooked and then mixed everything all together.  I then added 3 tsp of soya sauce (Mom, I told you, this one's not for you!! xoxo) and voila!  I had the most delicious meal I've had in a long time - well, except for the turkey dinner Mom cooked last night :-)  It's official, I am turning into a grain person.  Oatmeal, barley and now quinoa!  What's next?  Suggestions?  Pictures below :


veggies with quinoa just added

finished product...SOOOO good!


0 comments: