Epicure's Everyday Meatloaf with a twistIngredients
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) skim milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) Epicure's Seasoning for Meatloaf
- 2 lbs (1 kg) lean ground beef, chicken or turkey
- Epicure's Sea Salt, to taste
- Large bell peppers (any colour), sliced into 8 thick rings (about 1 ") (the peppers are the twist!)
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Whisk eggs and milk in a large bowl. Stir in breadcrumbs and Seasoning for Meatloaf.
- Add meat and Sea Salt, and mix well.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or tinfoil (spray if using foil!) and place pepper rings on sheet.
- Divide meat mixture between pepper rings and pat down.
- Bake approximately 40 minutes (make sure no pink in the middle!)
- Brush with Epicure's Chipotle Ketchup and, if desired, add cheese and broil until melted.