Thursday, July 28, 2011

Laughter burns calories...and sausage fingers

Pin It Did you know that laughing burns calories?  I'm sure it's not enough to actually LOSE any weight, but hey, it's kinda fun to think about :)  Do you find yourself laughing on a daily basis?  I don't think I do...which is sad - there's lots around me to laugh about!  I think I will look for more opportunities to laugh from now on...every little bit helps on this journey to lose weight ;-)

I had my best walk time yet yesterday - 7.11 km (approx 4.42 miles) in one hour, six minutes.  That's great for me!  The only problem is.... if I work out 75 minutes (my old time) I earn 7 activity points...if I work out for less than that, it's only 6 :(  Oh well, if that's the biggest problem I have this week I guess I can live with it.  I love walking this time of year - especially in the evenings.  It's the one time I am thankful that our summer weather kinda sucks (not as hot as it used to be!)...the only thing that needs to change is the humidity - it gives me sausage fingers when I walk!  You know what I'm talking about, right?  Those rings that used to spin around your fingers are now cutting off your circulation and you fear you might have to have the ER cut them off?  Yep, that's mine...not quite that bad, but oh my - it's like an alien has invaded my hands!  Oh well, I don't think it hurts any, so I guess I'll just burn more calories and laugh about my sausage fingers :)

0 comments: