Friday, April 22, 2011

Salt hangover?

Pin It
Anyone ever experienced this?  You've been cutting back on sodium and then all of a sudden you decide to splurge...on movie theatre-type popcorn!!  That was me last night.  I did drink lots of water to counteract the sodium, but man-oh-man, I have a hangover-type headache today!  Lots of water for me today I guess :-)

It's been a good week.  I tried my first ever real yoga class on Wednesday night (yay me!).  This was only my second ever group exercise class...in my whole life!  I was a bit concerned when we got there as the instructor from the first class we'd gone to at this gym was standing by the door...and we'd HATED that class.  Thankfully she was not instructing that night!  I absolutely loved the class.  My shoulder, on the other hand....not so much.  I can see me getting into yoga classes once my shoulder is fully recovered though.  Yesterday morning I decided to get up early, early, early and go to the gym...at 5:30am!  Anyone who knows me even a little bit knows I am NOT a morning person!  BUT I was going out last night and would not make it to the gym or for a walk (it rained all day) and the gym is closed today and tomorrow is weigh in day...so off I went.  It is SO dark at that time of the morning!!!  I got there before the doors were even open - there was a line up outside the door.  So in I went, worked out and came home to get ready for work...by the time I got home last night around 10:30 I was ZONKED.


To try and relieve my hangover headache this morning I decided to try something new in my oatmeal...Diet Swiss Miss (25 calorie) hot chocolate!!!  So my usual PB and banana concoction, plus this new yummy addition made an amazing breakfast!  Unfortunately I still have my headache, but hopefully my Advil will kick in soon.

Happy Easter everyone!

0 comments: