Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bucket list

Pin It "Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans" -John Lennon


So I got to thinking about fears and things I've not done over the years, mainly due to my weight/self-consciousness and decided to write a bucket list of sorts.  This is not a deep, philosophical bucket list - just "stuff" I'd like to see and do one day.  Other than the first two, the rest of this list is in no particular order.
  1. Reach goal weight - and be happy with it
  2. Maintain goal weight
  3. Zipline
  4. Hang glide
  5. Run a 5K
  6. Run/walk a half marathon
  7. Run/walk a FULL marathon (A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step!)
  8. Travel to Paris
  9. Eat a picnic outside in Paris and watch the world go by
  10. Travel to Italy (Cinque Terre is on my radar)
  11. Get married
  12. Have a family
  13. Re-learn to ride a bike (is there one with a seat out there that won't kill my tailbone??)
  14. Go back to New York City
  15. Walk up the stairs at work (I work on the 13th floor...I've gone down, but never up!)
  16. Write "my story" for the Weight Watchers magazine
  17. Hmm...maybe write a book about my story...dunno about this one - a blog is one thing, but I have my doubts anyone would pay money to read this stuff!!
  18. Ride the London Eye
  19. Visit Las Vegas
  20. AUSTRALIA (Ok, this should have been higher up...believe me, it's a lifelong dream)
That's all I've come up with for now.  What's on your bucket list?  Have you ever felt held back because of your weight?  Something else holding you back?  Don't think too hard - just go with it...what's the first thing that comes to your mind?  This is about YOU...at WW this week, that was the topic - it's all about me.  Isn't it always?? Haha, just kidding :-)  It was more about making time for yourself.  Don't always put yourself last - make ME time.  That doesn't mean alone time, but time to do stuff for you (writing, reading, hanging out with friends, going to the spa, etc.)

2 comments:

Shondi said...

Good post, Tanya. You have quite a list!

Anonymous said...

The bike seat thing? Yes!! You can have a comfy seat!

My Schwinn beach cruiser has a wide, soft squishy seat, and I love it. If I wanted a cracked tailbone, I'd get a racing bike. If you're not interested in a cruiser type bike, you CAN get padded gel seat covers for the hard racing bike seats.