Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Relief or more anxiety?

Pin It So my new goal weight, according to my doctor, is 11 pounds above the WW goal - so about 11 pounds (give or take) from where I am now.  I'm not sure if I'm happy about this or if it just makes me more anxious.  A friend of mine who has gotten to know me through WW and my blog suggested that she didn't think I would be content until I got to the WW goal weight and a large part of me agrees with her.  Then there's part of me that just wants this battle to be O V E R!  I know, I know, I will battle this all of my life, but as I've said recently, I'm just sooo tired of trying to lose!  So there you have it folks.  Eleven-ish pounds from goal.  I should be elated.  I have not, however, decided if I will give the doctors note to the folks at WW...there is still that part of me that feels like I won't have truly reached goal until I reach the WW goal.  Ok, I'm beating a dead horse now - sorry.  I am going to change my ticker goal on here and will decide soon what to do about my WW official goal weight.  I think I will take until I get back from England to decide...have a good think on things :)




As Porky Pig would say....That's All Folks!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I have a 30 lb goal. After 1.5 years on WW, the most I've lost was 17. It was extremely hard to maintain. I seem to go up and down 5 lbs. I haven't lost NEW weight in a long time. I re-commit, go hard core, then slip. This weekend we are going to Sonoma for our anniversary and I refuse to count pts. Like you, I am tired of it. I recently saw my ob/gyn and asked her if she really paid attention to BMI and she said yes. Her suggestion to me was to start strength training (i knew i needed to). She said that, combined with WW and my regular cardio should boost my weight loss, but if not, maybe I am where I'm supposed to be. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to "listen" to my body. Is it really done losing or is there lack of effort on my part? Is a goal of 30 lbs, to what i weighed when I got married 12 yrs ago and was 23 yrs old too much? Has having 2 kids in 3.5 yrs and being almost 36 made that weight impossible? Sometimes I think my mind thinks its impossible and that I'm blocking myself. I go to the gym 3-4x a week, i jog (5k training) or walk the treadmill at an incline, ellyptical or bike, do abs and have added weights recently. but i'm also nursing a knee injury that just started acting up again and if it gets worse i could be off most cardio for 8-10 wks. not good for weight loss or my motivation. I feel very stuck right now.

Tanya said...

I can relate Brandi..thankfully my doctor didn't put too much stock in the BMI charts - she took into account age (I'm 36) and the fact that after losing over 100 pounds I have loose skin too... I'm nursing a shoulder injury that's been restricting my movement for almost a year now, so I can relate to your knee injury too. I've started strength training in the past three weeks, so we'll see if it makes a difference. I, too, have trouble listening to my body...

Unknown said...

I think body fat percentage is more important that BMI, maybe you should get yours checked to help you decide what goal to focus on? Now that Slimmer this Summer is drawing to a close, I am inviting fellow challengers to join a new challenge. Come and check it out! http://thriceblessed-lessofme.blogspot.com/2011/08/new-challenge.html