Sunday, August 21, 2011

Perhaps it wasn't the scale's fault

Pin It After gaining two weeks in a row, I was disappointed to only lose 0.8 pounds yesterday.  Yes, I know I should not say ONLY...but that's how I feel :)  I have been using a new food scale all week, so I'm guessing that the untimely death of my old WW food scale wasn't the biggest problem.  Now to figure it out.  My leader is perplexed as well and suggested I follow the same plan I followed last week.  I will continue strength training this week (twice as per my promise to Kellie) and will continue my cardio - I really can't bump it up any more - I just don't have time!  I am considering cutting my fruit back to may be only 2 servings per day and seeing if that makes a difference - although I can guarantee you I did not get fat by eating too many apples or bananas!  Just playing around with things a bit I guess...I have it in the back of my mind that Jillian Michaels says there are no real plateaus - if you are plateauing, then something has changed - you've gotten lazy with measuring/weighing food (nope), your exercise has dropped off (nope) or there's a medical issue (dunno...don't think so).  I know she's not the ultimate expert on these things, but she does make a lot of sense... 

Yesterday's WW meeting was about going meatless for a period of time (meal, day, whatever).  Fiona challenged us to try something new this week.  I think I will try textured vegetable protein (TVP) as a hamburger replacement.  I have some peppers I want to stuff, so I think this would be a good time to try it...anyone ever tried TVP?  Do you do a meatless day?  I think this week I will do Meatless Monday.  Stay tuned for tomorrow's post to see how it goes!

2 comments:

Carbie Girl said...

I've never heard of anyone saying there are no real plateaus... i know who jillian michaels is but Ive never really followed the biggest loser nor anything about her, but this peaked my curiosity a bit!

Tanya said...

Yeah, it was on her podcast, not on BL. She's said since leaving the show that she didn't always agree with the way things were done on the show. I love listening to her podcast (you can find it on iTunes).