Sunday, October 16, 2011

One bust, one success

Pin It

I’ve made two of the four recipes I’ve committed to making this week – the Curried Cauliflower Soup and the Chicken and Chili.  I am very disappointed in the soup… it needs something, but I just can’t put my finger on what it was missing.  I added spices (as I always do!) to zip it up a bit, but nada… it’s bland to be honest.  Now the Chicken and Chili recipe…that’s another story!  I LOVE it!  It was a little more time consuming than the soup, but well worth it.  I doubled the recipe, so I got eight servings.  Four for this week and 4 for the freezer.  It called for chicken thighs, which I would normally replace with breasts, but this time I decided to make the recipe as-is.  The recipe was from a cookbook Mom gave me (not a weight loss cookbook) – here’s a pic of the recipe (sorry, too lazy to type it right now!):

IMG_1553 I had this tonight with some multi-colored (red, blue, yellow) potatoes and steamed carrots and broccoli.  It was such an awesome supper!!  Well worth the wait :)

I also did a group fitness class tonight, which was not part of my original plan for the week, so I feel like I’m ahead of the eight-ball already!  I did Deep Water Aerobics tonight.  This was my first class back to water aerobics since my shoulder injury over a year ago (except for my disaster water zumba class).  I was happy to see that the instructor was Jackie, my favourite water aerobics instructor in town!  I’ve been gone for over a year and she not only remembered me, but she asked me how the class was on my shoulder!!  She’s amazing!  I was able to do 95% of the moves and I improvised on the ones I couldn’t do.  I really felt like I got  a great workout – I was disappointed when I realized that the deep water class is only 50 minutes long :(  Oh well…it’s better than sitting on the sofa eating bonbons!

My friend has given me her parking pass so I’ll be taking the car to work tomorrow, which is going to make going to my Step class much easier / less rushed.  Stay tuned for my review….if I live to tell the tale!

Here are some pics of tonight’s supper…don’t be jealous…you can make this too! ;-)

IMG_1552 IMG_1555IMG_1556

1 comments:

Miz said...

cant wait for the review.
OF COURSE :) you will live to tell the tale :)