Saturday, October 8, 2011

I love tilapia!

Pin It
It's a toss up whether I love salmon more or tilapia more.  I do love most fish/seafood, but these two are two of my favs.  Last night I picked up fresh tilapia to treat myself and I decided that I would have some of it for lunch today.  Anonymous Ann got me hooked on salmon done in foil in the oven with dill and lemon juice, so I thought I would try it with my tilapia fillets.  Start with a piece of foil (spray with cooking spray), add your tilapia fillets, a couple sprigs of dill per fillet, fresh or bottled lemon juice, salt and pepper and if you want, you can add some healthy oil (I used 1 tsp for 2 fillets).  Fold your foil packet and place on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 15 mins.  Remove from oven and enjoy!  This was SO good!!  Usually I use frozen fish, but there's such a difference when you treat yourself to fresh!  The best part, aside from the taste, is that one large fillet (180 grams) is only 3 points+!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love tilapia too. It is so amazingly simple to cook. But, man do I love me some Salmon. Your recipe sounds great. Thanks for posting it. Gracie

http://graciestoughjourney.blogspot.com/

Tanya said...

Enjoy Gracie!