Monday, January 24, 2011

I don't think you all realize

Pin It what an inspiration you are to me.  This post is an other ode to my support system.  I am blessed to have such an amazing support system at home (well, with my family...I live alone, but my dust bunnies do support me!), at work, at church, in my circle of friends and online (which includes these people and SO many more).  I've had a few people ask me lately if I'm getting close to my goal weight.  God love them, I wish I were!  According to WW, I still need to lose just over 40 pounds more to get to the top of my range...we'll see.  But still, the fact that anyone even THINKS I'm close to my goal weight THRILLS me more than anyone will ever know.  I have never been this close to being "normal weight" in my adult life (and most of my teen years too!)  I had someone else tell me today that they're going to call me skinny from now on.  I told her I'd take it!  I know I'm not skinny (yet!) but it makes me feel good to hear it all the same ;-)

People tell me that my story/blog is an inspiration to them and for that I am so thankful.  That is the reason that I write this blog.  Hopefully somebody will be inspired by me like I have been inspired by so many others.  I firmly believe that I am to "pay it forward" in my journey.  So many of you have been there for me over these past (nearly) 16 months and it has made SUCH a difference in my journey (I hate that word, but have yet to decide another one that fits!).    So, if even one person is inspired by reading my story, then this blog was worth it.  There are so many wonderful bloggers out there with amazing/inspiring blogs (some very entertaining...you know who you are!) and I feel honoured that you have stopped by my little piece of cyberspace/blogland to read.

THANK YOU!  YOU make a difference  in my life.  I hope I never take your support & encouragement for granted - I could not have come this far without you :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such an awesome way to thank your supporters!! I can see the dust bunnies cheering you on!! ;)

Scooter said...

Yes, it is sooo good to have a great support group. Congrats so far!!

Diana

Jacqueline Wells.aka fedex lady said...

I love reading your blog. You definitely have a way with words - you move me every time, whether laughter or tears because I am or have felt the same way at one point or another during my "journey" . And I also give "props" to my support system as well. I set my goal weight last week after a long heart to heart with my leader. So after 89lbs off I have 3 left to go and I have to admit I am a bit fearful because as diffcult as it is to lose weight now I am going to be faced with the longer, life long journey of maintenance. I knew I could lose weight(not this much, mind you) but I have never succeeded at keeping it off. Ithink thats where the support means the most. Thanks for yours. : ))

Tanya said...

Aw, thanks ladies!

Jacqueline, I just have to say you look fantastic! Congrats on setting the goal. It must be a great feeling. Good luck with maintenance - from what I've heard, it's harder than losing :-) Are you on Jim's route anytime soon? Hope to see you soon!