Sunday, September 12, 2010

The weekend and to Zumba or Not to Zumba

Pin It The weekend has been great.  Worked from home on Friday and got out for a walk over my lunch hour, which was nice.  Spent yesterday doing my usual Saturday morning routine (WW, breakfast, talking to Mom on the phone) and spent some quiet time at the library reading magazines - did you know that the library carries CURRENT (and past) issues of any magazine you can think of??  You have to read the current issues there, but they let you take home any that are not current!  It's great - I've taken out a bunch of Cooking Light magazines, which I love; Prevention; Oxygen; Shape, etc.  Last night Cheryl and I walked about 5k and today after church I went to Mom and Dad's  and Mom and I walked about 3.5k, then had supper with the family.  I am now making a big batch of hamburger/vegetable soup (my pot is SO full that I'm afraid it might overflow if it boils to high!!) and then I'm heading out for walk #2 with Cheryl around 8:15 or so.  Hard to believe the weekend is over...

Yesterday at WW I got my 75 pound medal for my key chain!  I'm down 76.6 lbs now :-)  So excited!  I'll post pictures of my medals to date soon.

So I've been wanting to try Zumba.  I would really like to SEE Zumba in person before I try it, but I think the gyms frown on people Zumba-stalking...so I might just have to bite the bullet and give it a try.  Cheryl goes to a class on Friday nights that is VERY small...I may ask her tonight if they allow drop ins...this may be the week!  I'm a bit scared - I have the rhythm/coordination of a turtle...should be funny...hope there are no video cameras!!

2 comments:

Shondi said...

You should Zumba! And congrats on the 75 pound milestone!

Tanya said...

Thanks! Have you Zumba'd before? I'm scared!!