Saturday, September 4, 2010

A "final" goal and going public...

Pin It
So, I started my weight watchers journey 11 months and one day ago (October 3, 2009) today.  I think in the past the biggest thing holding me back from starting this journey was looking at the total amount that I had to lose and thinking...gee, how long will THAT take me??  I'd average it out at 2lbs per week and think "I can't face that right now".  The difference this time is that I have not been thinking much about the end - in terms of when I want to get there, that is.  I have been taking it small goal by small goal - one small goal at a time.  I am now close (well, relatively) to a goal.  Not the official WW goal, but to the goal that the trainer at the gym said is realistic for my body type.  To reach this "gym goal" I need to lose an additional 35 pounds.  In the past 11 months, I have averaged about 1.5/lbs per week, so I feel somewhat safe in placing a date on when I want to reach my gym goal.  That date is February 5, 2011.  One month, minus a day after my 36th birthday.  In order to do this, I will need to continue averaging 1.5lbs/week or 7lbs/month for the next 5 months.  I have no idea if I will be happy with my gym goal once I get there, but I find it easier to focus on than focusing on the "world's" standard for my height.  If I'm not happy when I get there, I will continue on my journey.  One thing I need to work on is seeing myself differently.  People make comments about how different I look, but when I look in the mirror, I really don't see any difference.  Logically I know that I look different, I just can't see it and I'm not sure why.  I really need to get this figured out in my brain or I'll never be happy with how I look...thoughts? suggestions? referrals to a shrink?? lol

There, I've put the date out there for all the world (well, both of my blog followers) to see.

I am also debating making my blog public (*GASP*).  I know there are a lot of people who struggle with the same issues I do and if I can help even one other person with my journey, it will be worth it.  I enjoy writing my blog, although I have not been very regular at it!  I'm working on that, I promise :-)  I am looking for suggestions on what to call my blog once I go public...Tanya's Life is not very catchy....suggestions???

Well, I think I better go to bed before I eat any more food today!

0 comments: