Monday, July 13, 2009

Which weigh to go?

Pin It No, that wasn't a typo from the infamous proofreading queen! Ok, recently our fitness credit at work has changed to include weight loss options...now, I am not planning to begin anything until after my vacation in August, but as soon as I get home, I've GOT to get on the wagon. I think I will follow the example of a fellow blogger/friend and start writing about my journey on my blog to keep me honest. My decision now is - which weigh to go? Weight Watchers ("WW")? If so, online or in person? I'm not a fan of WW, but of all of the plans out there, it's the one I know the best. It's nothing personal against WW, I really don't like ANY "diet" plan. At least with WW, there is nothing that is off limits and, like I mentioned, I basically know the plan - I'm a repeat offender when it comes to WW...hopefully this time it will stick! Like my fellow blogger/friend (let's call her Ducky) Ducky, I too find that cooking for one is hard and I end up wasting a ton of food! Ducky's plan is to cook once per week and use up items that she has on hand. In theory, it's a great idea, but how often do you get home from the grocery store only to find that you are missing that one critical ingredient? I guess the key is to plan, plan, plan. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!

On another note, I am heading to New York State to visit good friends of mine next month...while in the US, I always visit the grocery stores (selection is so great!). Anyone know of any "must have" US grocery store items I should look for? I'll be driving down, so have lots of room to bring stuff back!

Signing off for now.

*names have been changed to protect the privacy of those mentioned :-)

4 comments:

Shondi said...

I'd suggest looking for pearl tapioca and fire roasted canned tomatoes. You know how much I love tomatoes, hahaha.

Tanya said...

What's the deal with the pearl tapioca? Can't we get that here?

Shondi said...

I've never seen it!

Blogger said...

New Diet Taps into Innovative Concept to Help Dieters LOSE 20 Pounds within Just 21 Days!