Friday, July 17, 2009

On the road again

Pin It
Well folks, three weeks from right now, I will be leaving for vacation to go visit the Browns.

My plan is to drive as far as Hartland, New Brunswick on Friday (late afternoon) and overnight with Gord & Marcia McWaid (Heidi's Mom and Dad). Saturday morning I will get up and drive from the McWaid's to Portland or North Andover, depending on whether or not my cousins are in town (they are in North Andover). My cousins live about 4.5 hrs from Gord & Marcia's place, so it's a great stopping place. Depending on how tired I am (and whether family is around or not), I will either overnight there or keep on trucking. The drive from my cousin's place is about 3.5-4 hours.

This is my longest solo road trip. I've driven as far as my cousin's place solo a few times before, so I don't think an extra 3-4 hours will be all that bad. Typically I do the drive to North Andover in one day, so this will be a switch for me to take two days to get there.

I can hardly wait to get to Dean & Rosalie's place in New York! A co-worker of mine has loaned me her Garmin Nuvi GPS navigation system for the drive, so surely I can't get lost...right? Anyone who knows me knows that I'll have the google maps directions, the CAA directions and the GM Roadside Assistance directions with me as backup ;-)


Sometimes I think I overplan things a bit...but I guess it's better to overplan than underplan - you know what they say...if you fail to plan, you plan to fail! I've already started my "to buy list", my "stores to visit list" and my "stuff to pick up for friends list"...ok, yes, I have a few too many lists! I'd hate to forget anything...oh, one more list (this one's just in my brain) is restaurants to visit :-) I LOVE the Olive Garden and Red Lobster, neither of which are available in Nova Scotia...soooo...must make a visit while I'm there....

0 comments: