Friday, July 24, 2009

My "come to Weight Watchers" moment

Pin It Ok, I know you've read about my light bulb moment (refer to the posting: Upside Down Tanya). My thought is to join immediately following my vacation to NY (btw, leaving TWO WEEKS from today!). I figure this is the perfect time to join - I will have no food in my house (having been gone for two weeks) and will have to buy all new food anyhow...maybe I'll crash a meeting as I'm driving back into town. Also, when I travel to the States, I always enjoy perusing the grocery stores. The selection is so different from ours! Even the brands/products that we have that are the same look different :-) I'm going to keep an eye out for low-fat and/or WW products that we can't get here in Canada. I know in the past when I've been doing WW, I've followed message boards for support and I keep seeing all these products and recipes with items only available...yup, you guessed it...south of the border (and I don't mean Taco Bell!) Soooo....if I can get myself organized, I'll even have some recipes planned where I can pick up the US-only products on my trip. One item I know for sure I need to pick up is low fat Bisquick baking mix.

Well, that's it for today's post. So glad it's the weekend, but too tired to write anymore today. Tomorrow I'm planning to sleep in and then am heading to Anton & Louise's place for a small group games night/pot luck. Louise said that they have tons of games, including Wii and Nintendo games (even have trivial pursuit for the Wii!)

Good weekend to all!

0 comments: