Saturday, May 12, 2012

So I guess this is normal

Pin It Maintenance Update

Today marked my first weigh-in at goal/on maintenance.  Last week when they increased my points by 6 points+, I was terrified!  Especially when I was told "if you gain more than three pounds, then we will decrease your extra points+"....GAIN THREE POUNDS?!  HUH??  Do they know how long it takes me to lose three pounds??  But, being the good little Weight Watcher that I am, I obeyed.  And I gained.  Not three pounds, only a pound and a half (thankfully!).  We agreed I would decrease my additional points by two this week and we'll see how that goes.  I guess it's normal do fluctuate a bit on maintenance.  So, while disappointed with a gain, I am not down about it.  I enjoyed my week (fear of maintenance aside) as an "at goal" WW member.  I have received so much encouragement this week and so many kind and wonderful comments - how could I not enjoy the week?? 

I have decided (somewhat) what I will do with my extra points.  I am going to try adding them to breakfast mostly.  I also decided to have a tad more red meat (I'm usually a fish/chicken kinda girl).  Bought myself two little steaks to BBQ tonight (yay for leftovers tomorrow!).  I am going to try making more of the overnight oats that I made last week - they are higher in points than my usual breakfast, but hey...I have four points to work with, right?!  :)  I know the idea is to use these extra points for healthy foods and what better way to use them than to add them to the most important meal of the day.

Food

Tonight I made myself a berry banana split....cut up banana, mixed berries, a tablespoon of Greek yogurt, ultra low fat Cool Whip and two tablespoons of sugar free chocolate syrup...have a look!
yummy!!
Special Thanks!

Special thank you to my friend and WW guru, Fiona for my Reaching Goal/Losing over 100 pounds gift!!  This is the Savvy Ring from Lia Sophia that I've had my eye on.  I'm not much for jewellery, but I do like simple rings.  This one's a bit big, so I'm wearing it on my middle finger for now while I wait for the smaller ring to arrive.  I have to say, I LOVE IT!  I've gotten compliments on it already today :)






Happy Mothers' Day


Tomorrow is Mothers' Day (at least in Canada/US...I think the UK was earlier in the Spring?)  I wish all of you Mothers, Grandmothers and future Mothers a fantastic day!  I am so thankful to have a Mother as wonderful as mine.  Tomorrow my family is coming over for coffee/tea (Keurig!!) and dessert.  I am serving fresh cut up fruit with fruit dip (Cool Whip & fat free yogurt mixed together) and I also picked up some pretty meringue cookies.  Looking forward to seeing everyone!

2 comments:

Shondi said...

Sounds like a great week. I'm glad you're not stressing out over the gain. It's a process, right?!

Love the ring!

And the sundae looks yummy too!

Have a great week!

Tanya said...

Thanks Shondi! Hope you are having a great weekend :)