Sunday, April 15, 2012

It's time to get serious

Pin It
It's time to get serious.  I have decided.  Enough playing around.  April is the month that it IS going to happen.  I know I've said before that I am not going to set goals (because I end up sabotaging them every time I do), but enough is enough.  I think I'm getting lazy, laid back and a bit overconfident in this whole weight loss thing.  I feel like I'm almost complacent in this yo-yo/roller-coaster that I've been on and for some reason I just can't seem to break free from it.  It's like I'm on a merry-go-'round and can't get off.  I am going to set some serious goals for myself for the next two weeks and I'm putting them down on paper (virtual paper) so that you all can hold me accountable.  Here is what I pledge to do:
  1. No more BLTs (I don't mean bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches)... bites, licks and tastes I think are getting the better of me.  All too often I'll snag one little little candy didn't make me fat after all, did it?  No...but if I do that 10 times a day with different little all adds up.
  2. I will strength train TWICE each week on top of my regular cardio that I already do (step, Zumba, Zumba).  Even if I just do the circuit at the gym - it's more than I've been doing.  I've already got one workout in for this week as I went to the gym with Cynthia last night for TWO hours (probably 40% of that time was spent talking/laughing...but the other 60% legs can tell the story today!  Thanks for a great time Cynthia!)
  3. I will increase my protein.  I don't have a set number that I will increase it to as I don't know how much I usually get (one downside to WW vs calorie counting), but I know I don't eat a huge amount of protein.  In conjunction with this, I am going to eliminate potatoes for at least this week to see if that makes a difference.  I usually eat sweet potatoes, but I think for this week I will replace the points I'd normally spend on them with protein sources.  My "diet" might be a little "Atkins"-ish, but don't worry, I'm not going all out carnivore here!  I will continue with my oatmeal (as I love it and it's great for me!) and maybe bread here and there, but I've never been a big bread person anyway.  
  4. I will try to reduce the number of packaged carbs that I eat (All Bran Bars, crackers, granola bars, etc.)
  5. I will plan my meals ahead of time - packing/preparing my lunches the night before.
  6. This last one is going to be tough.  I am going to turn OFF the TV and actually sit at the table to eat my meals.  I can't recall the last time I did this while eating alone...have I ever done this?  Hmmm, perhaps not!  I will set the table as though I were having guests and will maybe even light a candle or two.
Ok folks, here it is.  My two week plan.  The last weigh in in April is on the 28th - two weeks from yesterday.  That gives me two weeks to lose 3 pounds.... will you hold me accountable? 

Here we go....I'm off to clear off the dining room table to make room for me and my supper...oh, I guess I should also plan my supper!