Saturday, April 7, 2012

Is this a dream?

Pin It This weekend marks the two and a half year mark of my weight loss journey.  I am thrilled to bits to be less than 2 pounds from my goal weight, but.... every once in a while I get this gripping fear that this has all been a dream and I'm going to wake up tomorrow back where I was in the Fall of 2009.  Does anyone else get these feelings?  I know two and a half years is a long time to dream, so I do know it's not a dream, but I do still sometimes feel like the rug might be yanked out from under me and I will have to start over again ;-)  Silly, I know.

I am very thankful for my loss today of 0.2 pounds, especially given my little bit of falling off the wagon at my friend's going away party last weekend.  I'm not concerned about staying on track this weekend as we got together with the family yesterday for Easter dinner, but I still want to be extra cautious/diligent this coming week, just in case last weekend's escapades catch up with me :)  I may invest in a nice piece of dark chocolate tomorrow though, given that Lent will officially be over.  As some of you may recall, I gave up chocolate, cookies and cake for Lent.  I stuck to it probably 95% of the time...I had a few slip ups (mainly just forgetting and grabbing a cookie at work!!) and I did have a plant pot cupcake for Easter dinner yesterday (see photo below).  Overall, I think (for me) I did quite well.  I didn't miss chocolate as much as I expected to.  I think I may still try to stay away from those "C things" during the week and limit them to just the weekends (within my points).

Off to do some laundry and housework and then I think I'll relax with a good book this afternoon.

Happy Easter everyone!

0 comments: