Monday, January 2, 2012

When...

Pin It A quote from my original WW leader, Terry, came to mind today as I was thinking about if I'd ever get to goal.  She was always saying "not IF, but WHEN".  I am claiming this quote (among others) for 2012.

An "anonymous" friend (you know who you are! lol) asked me over the weekend what I planned to do once I got to goal.  I thought she meant what are my plans for what's next, but she meant what was I going to do for ME as something special when I get to goal.  I hadn't really thought about it much at all to be honest.  I've thought about my plans for what to do next once I eventually get there, but not really how I will celebrate.  I think I have trouble celebrating myself.  Does this make sense?  Am I alone in this?  I'm not much for whooping it up for my own successes, my birthdays, etc.  I love to celebrate these things for others, but for some reason not so much for myself.

Soooo, that being said, my friend is right.  I realize that I DO need to do/buy something for ME when I get to goal this year (yes, it WILL happen in 2012...please, Lord!).  Do I want to buy myself a ring?  A necklace? I thought about getting my teeth whitened (it's something I've thought about for a while), but I think I need something more permanent/tangible.  Something that I can look at/touch that reminds me how far I've come and reminds me to never go back.  Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diamond - ring, earrings or necklance. Me Ann

Tanya said...

I'm thinking ring...not sure about diamond...I love sapphires, so maybe a sapphire :)

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!!!

renee said...

definitely a ring!!!
so exciting!

Karen Reedman said...

I would take a fabulous cruise and buy myself that beautiful ring in some exotic location - just me:)

Tanya said...

That sounds nice Karen...I will have to hunt for the man to take me on that cruise so I can buy myself the ring :)