Sunday, October 31, 2010

Another star!

Pin It I got another star at WW yesterday!  This makes 17 5 lb stars in total :-)  I'm another pound into my next five pound star and I just realized how CLOSE I am to earning TWENTY five pound stars!!  For those of you who are not into multiplication, that would mean 100 pounds!! haha  Had another great meeting yesterday.  I can't believe that after more than a year on program and having lost my beloved leader, I am STILL loving this meeting!  The people are so amazing and our new leader, Fiona, is great too!  For the second week in a row she gave me the flashing green rubber ring to wear ;-)  I'm such a kid at heart - my book is covered in stickers and I get excited about wearing a green, flashing rubber ring for 30 minutes!  So silly, I know :-)

After WW yesterday I had an appointment at Goodlife Fitness to do the Visual Fitness Planner with one of their trainers.  I know deep down that this is a sales pitch for personal training sessions - of course her "prescription" for me was going to cost me over $3,000!!  I really think if I've lost 86 pounds on my own (pretty much) over this past year, I don't need to spend $3,000 to lose these last 25-35lbs!!  I have a weight workout from my last trainer (who does not put pressure on to buy thousands of dollars worth of sessions!) and I plan to work that plan for 4-6 weeks and then perhaps purchase another couple of sessions from her (she's non-Goodlife!).  Check out my VFP printout:

After my session, I picked up a few groceries - I've recently learned that I LOVE sushi!  I picked up some sushi for lunch as a special treat for my new 5 pound sticker (I still sometimes reward myself with food, but I use new healthier foods that I like rather than chocolate, chips or Chinese food).  Here is a pic of my yummy lunch:

Tonight I made a stir-fry salad.  I got the idea from Kokomos Restaurant in Bayers Lake.  They do stir fried veggies over a Caesar salad.  I used my 2 tsp of olive oil, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli and shrimp sauteed with spices.  Towards the end I added some Sweet Thai Chili sauce.  Over my plate of lettuce (aka my salad) I added 2 Tbsp of Renee's Japanese Ginger vinaigrette dressing and then topped the whole thing with the sauteed veggies/shrimp.



Back to work tomorrow...I still wish someone would come up with a 5 day weekend and a 2 day work week :-)

0 comments: