Friday, October 15, 2010

Vacation almost over...

Pin It Today is Friday and my vacation is all too quickly drawing to a close.  I spent Wednesday night and most of Thursday with one of my dearest childhood friends.  We went for Thai food on Wed night - I was proud of myself...I had about a cup and a half of Pad Thai, 2 very mini veggie spring rolls and a cup of hot and sour soup.  Any of you who know me know that Thai food is my weakness...I LOVE Thai food!  I had decided ahead of time that I would have Pad Thai (and had PLANNED to leave a good chunk of it on my plate), soup and a salad roll (uncooked spring roll) - 2 out of three ain't bad eh?!  They did not have salad rolls and my Pad Thai came with the spring rolls, so I decided to eat (and count) them.  They were seriously the size of my pinky finger, so the points were not bad.  Yesterday we went to a mini market in Hull and then went to the Museum of Civilization (I'd never been there before!). 

Came back to my friend's place in Nepean last night and had supper and did some shopping - tried on some size 13s at Reitman's (got 'em on, but would NEVER go out in public in them...or sit down for that matter!).  Bought a pair of black dress pants (in my current size 15) and a blouse so that I would have some work clothes :-)  My work wardrobe is seriously lacking - I might have to hit Frenchy's when I get home.  I really didn't get much to wear to work when we were in the US I'm afraid. 

Today I am vegging in front of the TV/computer and enjoying looking at the rain, knowing I don't have to go out in it anytime soon.  If it clears up, I would like to go for a walk, but I am not going to stress over it.  Tomorrow morning we are going to go to WW for me to weigh in and we'll stay for the meeting.  I am stressing just a little - I've been very good all week and have gotten in a decent amount of activity, but her scales are not showing favourable results for me I'm afraid...I know, I know, you can't really go by "at home" scales and this time I'm really going in blind as I don't know if the Ontario WW scales are even close to our Halifax ones!  Grrr...this is such a mental game for me.  I hate how the scale determines how I feel about myself on any given day/week.  I need to decide NOW that I will not let the number on the scale tomorrow bother me or take control of my whole day.

Here are some photos from the past couple of days:

Linda and I


That was my bad motorcycle mama face...lol

0 comments: