Thursday, October 21, 2010

100% perfect?

Pin It A common theme that I've been reading on blogs and listening to on podcasts lately has been about people who "go at it" 100% - losing weight, that is.  Some people out there tend to go all in with the process - staying on program in the strictest fashion.  Are you one of those people?  I've realized today that I am leaning in that direction.  Not the exercise part, but I definitely take the food part VERY seriously 98% of the time.  More importantly, I have realized I am obsessed with the numbers.  I allow the number on the scale to determine my self worth.  I weigh myself regularly (I won't tell you HOW regularly!) and towards the end of the week when my weigh in day is coming up, I TOTALLY obsess over the number - why hasn't it moved?  Woohoo, I'm down...will it hold til Saturday?  Crap, I'm UP...how can I get it down before Saturday?!  I think it's time to admit it...I am a numberaholic.  My name is Tanya and I have a problem.  I know I am not alone in this.  A friend of mine told me that the small numbers along the way don't matter - it is what it is, and you are what you are - or rather you weigh what you weigh, obsessing about it won't change one little thing.  All we can do day to day, hour to hour, is follow the program to the best of our abilities and celebrate when the scale is favourable and work harder when it's not - also realizing that certain times of the month make a difference (for women!) and our salt intake during the week also makes a difference - so many variables, but in the end, it is what it is.

I think that next week I am going to "loan" my scale to my neighbour for a week and see if I suffer from withdrawal or if I obsess as much...we'll see how it goes!

So, my friends, how often do you weigh yourself at home?  Are you obsessed with the numbers?

0 comments: