Monday, October 11, 2010

Since we last spoke

Pin It Happy Turkey Day!  Today is Thanksgiving Day in Canada (Happy Columbus Day to all of my American friends and family!)  Since my last post, I have flown to Ottawa, driven to Waterloo, NY, back North to Syracuse and am back in Ottawa. 

Friday morning I weighed in at WW with a very lovely cranky lady - oh joy.  She made a snide comment about me being "back on track" with a 1.4lb loss (which, in case you missed it, is exactly what I gained last week).  I did not appreciate her tone.  Oh well, onward and upward.  After work on Friday I rushed home (grabbed a McD's Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad on the way...yum!) and then quickly ate and ran downstairs with my bags to wait for my sister in law who so graciously agreed to drive me to the airport...didn't have to wait, she was there before me!  Off to the airport we go.  Checking in (well, just dropping off my bags since I had checked in online) was a breeze, but security was crazy busy.  Overall, from drop off time until I was through security was only about 20 minutes or so - really not bad considering it IS Thanksgiving weekend!  I was happy I ran into an old friend at the airport  - hadn't seen him in over a year, so it was nice to catch up.  Flight to Ottawa was uneventful - good service, comfy (as they get on airplanes in economy class) seats, nice snacks (Porter!) and my friend was waiting for me when I landed :-)

Bright and early (6am ish) we loaded up the car and headed for Waterloo, NY to the Waterloo Outlets....ahhhhh, I love outlet shopping.  We shopped and shopped all day long and then went to Applebee's for supper - slow getting in, but did get in eventually.  I had the tilapia (ww = 6pts according to their menu) and my friend had the shrimp diavolo (sp?).  The shrimp dish left a little to be desired appearance-wise and was a tiny portion...I have to say, it looked disappointing.  The tilapia was quite nice.  Spent the night at the Super 8 hotel in Auburn, NY.

Sunday morning we were up early (not 6am!) and were shopping by about 9am - Tops grocery store, The Christmastree Shop (yay!), Kohls, Target, Walmart, Dress Barn, Burlington Coat Factory...and more!  We were originally going to spend another night, but managed to get all of our shopping done by late afternoon, so we decided to head home after eating (for the second time that day!) at Panera Bread...if anyone has not eaten here, you MUST!!!  Soooo delicious!  Border crossing was uneventful - both had to pay Canadian taxes on our purchases, but that was expected since we were gone less than 48 hours. 

It is now Monday morning and all is quiet here.  Been up for about an hour (I'm still on Halifax time) and am enjoying relaxing and catching up on emails.  We are cooking a Jennie-O turkey tenderloin, roasted veggies and stuffing today for Thanksgiving - a last minute plan, but yummy sounding meal (originally we had no Thanksgiving plans, but decided last minute to pick stuff up since we were coming home early).

Be thankful - we have so much to be thankful for.  I am thankful for my friends, family, I have a good job, I have a nice place to live, I am blessed to have my own car and I have a God who loves me!