Saturday, February 4, 2012

Fruity, cottagy goodness

Pin It
So I've learned to love pineapple, peaches and so many other foods this past year.  One thing I've always claimed to dislike was cottage cheese (except in lasagna!).  I decided to take the plunge today and give it a go.  I overdid it a bit with buying fruit today, so I made myself a fruit salad with raspberries, blueberries, watermelon, peaches, bananas, pineapple and clementines.  I calculate it as zero points - I refuse to add it to the recipe builder and have an all fruit salad come out as 4 points or something crazy like that.  I measured out half a cup of fat free cottage cheese and added some splenda, sugar free syrup and cinnamon and topped it off with my fruit salad.  It was a great one point snack!  I actually loved it!  I might have some with my oatmeal tomorrow for breakfast.

Saturday weigh in update:  I am down 0.5 lbs this week.  Disappointing considering the gains I've had recently, but I'll take anything that's not a gain at this point!  I am 4.4 lbs from goal. 

I am going to try and make at least one new recipe this week and one favorite recipe.  I might make Skinny Tuna Noodle casserole.  For my new recipe I think I'll look for a stuffed pepper recipe - Pete's Frootique had yellow and orange peppers on sale for $1.99/lb (amazing!) so I bought half a dozen...stuffed peppers are so yummy and freeze so well.  I also bought some ground turkey, so if you have a stuffed pepper recipe that calls for turkey, send it my way!

We've had a transit strike in my city this week (started Thursday).  I am travelling with a co-worker to and from work (and am SO thankful for her offering to drive me!).  I am getting home earlier than I would normally get home by taking the bus, which is awesome!  If the strike continues, it may actually help me with getting in my workouts - I am always rushed on Mondays to get to Step class for 6pm and there is a 6pm class on Tuesdays that I'd like to go back to (right before Zumba), but I just can't rush to get there for 6:00 two days in a row.  So far the strike has been in my favour!  I know it's not the same for a lot of people in the city, so I do hope that the strike ends very soon.  The last strike we had here was 14 years ago and it went on for 5 or 6 weeks...

I'm off to catch up on Coronation Street...stay tuned for my recipe updates.

0 comments: