Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Chicken wing craving officially taken care of!

Pin It I read or heard someone mention recently that they used hot sauce on chicken nuggets and that they tasted like boneless hot wings (if I remember who/where I heard/read this I'll come back and give credit where credit is due!).  What a great idea!  I had some of the PC Blue Menu Chicken Chunks (you can visit my post here for my original review on them) left and I'd picked up some Frank's Hot Sauce at the grocery store last night.  I cut up a red skinned potatoes into french fry shapes, tossed them with some safflower oil, salt, pepper and a tiny bit of chipotle chili powder and baked them with the chicken in the oven for about 25 mins (flipping half way).  After it was all cooked I dipped the chicken tenders in the hot sauce...YUMMY!!!!  Who needs chicken wings at 3 points+ each when you can have a serving of chicken chunks with hot sauce for 5 points+ (or a serving and a half for 8 points+ like I did tonight!)  I will soooo be making these again.  For one serving of the "fries" and one serving of the "wings" it would be a total of 10 points+...a super deal if you ask me.  The fries were way better than anything I'd get at a restaurant.  I added a side of steamed broccoli and carrots (free, of course).  Voila!  Here it is :

1 comments:

Kaycie Christine said...

That looks and sounds so yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe! My husband would LOVE it because of the hot sauce. =]