Monday, February 27, 2012

ME Day and stepping outside my comfort zone

Pin It I decided today would be ME day.  Took the day off, refused to look at my Blackberry, did whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted.  I relaxed this morning with my coffee and Nate Berkus (who wouldn't want a morning with Nate??) and then I knocked something off my bucket list... I went to a movie - ALONE.  I actually thought I would be watching the movie truly alone since I was the only one in the theatre when it began - the theatre employee actually came in and asked me if I wanted them to turn the volume down a bit!!!  A couple came in shortly after the movie began, so I wasn't completely alone.  It was kind of odd seeing a movie by myself.  But not a bad odd.  Just different.  I saw Reese Witherspoon's new movie (I think it's new...it's been a while since I've been to the movies!) - This Means War.  I'd give the movie 4 stars out of 5.  It was good, but not great.  I just didn't feel anything for any of the characters if that makes any sense.  I didn't have an feelings over which way I wanted the movie to end... it ended a certain way and I was like "hmm, Oh, OK".  Not thrilled, but not disappointed.  I would say if you want to see it, wait for the DVD (or PPV for those of you who are more modern). 

I went into Zellers after the movie - I was think that because they are closing out (TARGET IS COMING, TARGET IS COMING!!!), there might be some deals to be had... I got a deal on windshield wiper fluid...woohoo! ;-)  I tried on a few bathing suits...let me tell you folks, if you ever find yourself feeling over confident about your body, just go into a department store and try on a bathing suit...that'll fix yer wagon!  Needless to say, I did not buy a bathing suit...not sure I would have bought one of these ones even if that had been on sale.

Tonight is Step class and I'm debating doing weights before or after Step...but seeing as how it's ME Day, I may not :)  Going to go make myself a nice big spinach salad to have after Step class and a snack to have before. 

ME Day almost over, sadly.  I may have to do this again next month :)

2 comments:

Shondi said...

Sounds like a great idea! Glad you had a good day.

Tanya said...

It was a great day! I think I should take a bunch of my vacation days and do this once a month during the winter :)