Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Reading between the lines

Pin It
Do you ever find yourself reading between the lines...when there really IS nothing to read?  As someone who relies on electronic communication for a large part of my life (personal and professional), all too often I find myself reading tone and intonation into emails, texts, Facebook posts, etc. that in reality just are NOT there.  Part of this is my insecurity.  I realize this and am working on not being so sensitive and not looking for the "hidden" message in someone else's message.  Does anyone else struggle with this?  Someone makes an innocent enough comment and you take it totally the wrong way...someone sends an email and it can be taken one of two ways, but you take it as the negative...

Sorry, nothing weight loss or fitness related to post today other than I did not go to the gym (I did do my run last night though).  I decided I am taking two days off from working out this week (Mon / Wed).  I can't take tomorrow off as I am going to try the hydrorider class at the gym and then doing my second run for the week (and hopefully throwing in some strength training...oh how I hate strength training) and Friday is my personal trainer appointment.  Oh, I almost forgot!  I asked my physiotherapist (physical therapist for those of you not from Canada...funny I just recently found out that we're the only ones who call it physiotherapy!) when he thought I would be able to give yoga another try and he thinks very SOON if I'm cautious...yay!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do, too! Always assuming the worst about myself, and assuming the best about everyone else. Drives Mr. Pea nuts. I wonder if it's a generational thing, or perhaps my upbringing?

Now, I just have to know. What's a hydrorider?

Tanya said...

Haha, a hydrorider is a spin bike designed for the water...my fitness facility is just starting classes and they're offering free trial classes today :-)