Sunday, November 13, 2011

Blah and spicy

Pin It I made two new recipes this weekend - one blah and one spicy :)


The first one was from the Weight Watchers magazine for Red Curried Vegetables.  It was OK (6.5/10 maybe), but I doubt I'd make it again.  The recipe was single serving (waste of time if you ask me) and it didn't have much flavour.  I added onions and red peppers to give it some flavour, but nope... disappointing.



This afternoon I decided to try a recipe from Sparkpeople.com - Spicy CrockPot Thai Chicken.  I knew it was going to be spicy but when I removed the CrockPot lid and my eyes watered, I was concerned it would be TOO spicy (hard for anything to be too spicy for me!)  The recipe didn't call for the chicken to be shredded, but it seemed like a good idea :)  I served it over spaghetti squash with steamed carrots and broccoli on the side.  It was AMAZING!  Spicy, but not too spicy - a great 7 PointsPlus meal!  It would be great over rice or mashed potatoes, but why waste the points, eh?  I give this recipe a 10/10 (hmm, maybe even a 12?)  Super easy, super fast (well, except the cooking time - 4 hrs on high) and super yummy.  It left me wanting more.  Not because the serving size was too small - it was just that good :)

So my plan for this week for fitness is:

Sunday - deep water aerobics (done!)
Monday - Step
Tuesday - Super Power (no Zumba this Tues - I have physio after Super Power)
Wednesday - Cardio plus sexy arms aquafit
Thursday - Zumba
Friday - day off

My plan for Tuesday nights when I don't have physio is to do Super Power and then Zumba - if I can get my act in gear and plan a MAJOR snack for late afternoon and a lighter supper for after classes.

2 comments:

Kim said...

OMG that chicken recipe is right up my alley! I printed it out and have it sitting with my shopping list. Thanks so much!!

Tanya said...

It was AMAZING!! Still is! I just put the rest of the leftovers in the freezer last night so they wouldn't spoil. I think shredding the chicken at the end was key - keep the chicken from being too dry. I think with some of the frozen leftovers I might make a sort of pulled chicken sandwich :)