Saturday, May 1, 2010

Over the hump

Pin It
This is a huge (no pun intended!) milestone for me.  As of today, I have officially lost 52.6 pounds!  I've lost weight before in the past, but never seemed to be able to get beyond 47-48lbs and I've finally made it over the 50lb hump!!  In the past 2 weeks, I have started going to water aerobics (3 times/week for the past two weeks, but working up to 4 x per week).  I am starting to notice a bit of the "melted candle" effect in my legs and arms, so that tells me I really, really need to start going to the gym and working out with weights, not just doing the cardio at the pool.

I've been trying to figure out what's different this time.  I know initially I started this journey (this time!) because I was planning a trip to Europe again and didn't want to be jammed like a sardine into one of those airline seats for hours on end.  My trip to Europe has, obviously, been replaced with my trip to SE Asia in June, so I still have the motivation of a trip to keep me going.  I've come to the conclusion though that it's not just the trip that keeps me going.  The support I have been getting from my friends and family has been amazing, to say the least.  I never thought I'd say that Facebook has helped me lose weight, but I recently started posting my losses (just the number, but those who know me knew what it meant) and the response has been astronomical!  I also have a bunch of lady friends who have been super supportive supportive in person.  In the past I've had people in my life who have (I'm sure, unintentionally) sabotaged my efforts to lose weight, but no more!  I think that I now have myself a solid set of friends who honestly care for my well-being and that means more to me than anyone will ever know.

Well, off to buy a new bathing suit (the old one's are about to have wardrobe malfunctions if I don't replace them soon!!) and then to meet an old friend for supper and a movie...

Might head to the gym this week...we'll see!!

1 comments:

Shondi said...

Woohoo! 4 pounds this week?! That's awesome. And congrats on passing the 50 lbs lost mark!