Friday, May 21, 2010

Move over Vitamuffins...here comes Betty Crocker!

Pin It Tonight I made chocolate "muffins" (some would call them cupcakes I guess...we'll call them muffins so I can eat one tomorrow for breakfast!).  This was the simplest recipe every:

3 cups All Bran
3 cups water
1 box Betty Crocker Low Fat Brownie Mix
1 Tbsp baking soda

Mix bran and water and let sit for 6 minutes.  Add brownie mix and baking soda and stir until mixed.  Line (and spray!) 24 muffin tins and fill almost all the way to the top.  Bake at 350 for 18-20 mins (don't overcook!).

Points
1 = 1pt
2 = 3.5pts
3 = 5.5pts

BEWARE:  These are EXTREMELY high in fibre.  One half cup of this cereal containts 12 grams of fibre...this recipe has THREE cups of cereal in it...pig out on them...only if you dare!

Thanks for the recipe Shondi!!

Next recipe to try after these are gone is the one with the cake mix and the canned pumpkin...

Stay tuned for tomorrow's weigh in results...I'm nervous - this week was the Indonesian party (which I could not count because I had no clue what most of it was!  And nary a vegetable in sight!) and I also had ice cream cake (which I counted!)...I just feel heavy this week if that makes any sense...I exercised every single day this week except today, so I should be OK...we'll see I guess :-)


 Food from the Indonesian party:

















0 comments: