Saturday, September 1, 2012

Weight Watchers a la Tanya Does not Work

Pin It I've always chuckled when people put down the WW program saying it doesn't work...that as soon as you "go off" the program, you gain the weight back.  Well, duh!  The program is designed to be a change in lifestyle NOT a diet plan.  A change in lifestyle means you change...well, the way you live and the way you eat...the way you do things all around.  Deep down inside, I know all this.  I know the program works... just not MY version of the program ;-)

For some reason I decided (way too many times) to not count my BLTs (bites, licks, tastes for anyone new here).  Oh, that handful of licorice can't be that many points!  Hmmm, I only had a couple crackers...not even a points worth!  Well folks, I'm here to tell you that when you do that ALL WEEK LONG...it's gonna bite you in the butt.  I gained again this week.  Not huge, but still more than I should have - I gained 1.2 pounds and it is MY fault, nobody else's (I might blame Tom a tiny bit, but for the most part, it's all me).

This week it will be back to basics.  I will cook, I will plan, I will exercise (this is not new).  But now for something completely different (for me).... I am going to switch up my "extra" points this week.  Usually I use my 49 extra points first and then dip into my activity points (very rarely).  This week my plan is to swap that.  Activity points first and THEN weekly 49.  What's the difference you ask?  Well, for starters, everyone starts their week with those "free" 49 points.  We do nothing to earn them, they're just magically there at the start of our WW week.  Activity points, however, are earned.  The only way to start your week with any activity points is to....well, get active on Saturday!!  So, all this to say - no extra points unless I move my butt.  Already today I've planned out my food and I'm looking at my menu thinking...hmmmm, I want more...guess I should put my sneakers on and go for a walk!  Usually I am a 3x week worker-outer and my three days are usually Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.  This would mean that I'd have to wait til Monday for any "extras"...but WAIT...Monday is Labour Day!  The gym is closed, so that means no Step class!  Ok, I CAN'T leave it til Tuesday for extra points!!!  Guess I'll be moving my butt...

This is the way a friend of mine from WW has been doing it and she's doing FANTASTIC.  Another girl from our class tried it last week and lost over FOUR pounds today!  Hmm, I think they may just be onto something here....Stay tuned to see how things work out.

PS - Bootcamp starts two weeks from Monday!!!

1 comments:

WWSuzi said...

Sometimes it is the little things that do add up don't they!
Good for you on not letting it get out of hand.