Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year, New Me

Pin It
Even though my journey really has no end, my weight loss portion of it is almost over.  As of last Saturday I have 2.1 pounds to go to reach my goal.  I am confident that that will increase this week as I was NOT careful at all over Christmas weekend and ate things that I would normally never eat (at least not since my healthy eating journey began!).  I accept the inevitable gain coming on Saturday, but am hoping it is minor :)  I need something new to focus on in 2012 other than weight loss.  Weight loss, or rather healthy living, will always be at the forefront of my mind.  I think 2012 will be the year I focus on fitness and toning my muscles.  I amazed myself in 2011 by falling in love with group fitness classes, so I am anxious to find more of these to attend in the new year.  If someone had told me a year ago that I'd be attending 3-4 classes a week I would have scoffed at them...ME, exercise in a group??  Never! haha - now I can't get enough of them.  I think I may attempt a yoga class tomorrow morning after Step Aerobics class...I've tried yoga class once before and did enjoy it, so am anxious to try it again. 

For Christmas Mom and Dad got me the Wii Sport Active 2 "game".  I tried it last night for the first time and LOVED it.  I especially loved the boxing and the step aerobics activities.  I have some kinks to work out (figuring out how to get my activities in the right order....such as having my warm up at the start and not in the middle...same for the cool-down ;-) but I think it has real potential.  It comes with a heart rate monitor that goes on your left arm (I think this has a movement sensor in it too), a sensor for your right leg and you also use the balance board and wii-motes.  You can set up workout groups online so that you can "work out" with friends.  My brother and his family got one as well, so I have set up a LandryClan group for us :)  Let me know if you have this game and I can invite you to join my group!

Well, off to Zumba class shortly - hoping we have not been moved to the small room again like we were on Tuesday night - us Zumba-ers need our space!  It's unfortunate that they don't close the room once the class is "full"...we were tripping over each other the other night...oh well, maybe that helped to burn more calories :)

2 comments:

DLandHFX said...

I tried my "Wii Sport Active 2" today and the balance board and remote kept going to sleep and pausing the game :( It's awkward to pick up the remote and press a button mid-reverse-crunch :)

Also, I decided I'm not coordinated enough for step aerobics... I kept stepping to the wrong side and at the wrong time!

Tanya said...

u can catch onto step if i can. i will give u some pointers :) my wii-mote did not go off, just the balance board...