Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Getting the urge to run again

Pin It
I had a great weekend.  Spent some time with my little lovelies (nieces, ages 7 and 10).  They begged me to take them on a bike ride (them on their bikes, me in my sneakers), so I eventually relented.  We walked to the BLT trail, along the trail for a couple kilometers and then back to the house.  I didn't realize until now just how far we went!  Thankfully the kids had their bikes!  We went a little over 7 kms.  At some point along the trail I got the urge to run.  I used to get this urge quite a bit, but running on the treadmill just doesn't feel right.  I've kinda lost the urge to run lately, so it was nice to get it back.  Don't get me wrong - I am by NO MEANS a runner.  But, I've always had the desire to BE a runner.  I've tried the treadmill, but never really much outdoor running.  I have to say, running on the trail felt great!  I felt like I could run fast and long...but unfortunately, I was suffering from a headache...realized about lunchtime that I hadn't had ANY coffee (duh! there's the source of my headache!).  Hoping to take another stab at running the BLT trail again this weekend maybe.  Ideally, I'd like to take a learn to run class like the one offered at The Running Room.  I think I have decided what my next goal will be - actually LEARNING how to run!  I want to be one of those people who gets a runner's high.  I want to want to get my sneakers on to go for a run - morning, afternoon, evening...you name it!  I really NEED to find an exercise that draws me in and so far most exercise bores me. 

0 comments: