Sunday, January 20, 2013

Just walking through the door

Pin It They say that's the hardest part about going back to Weight Watchers.  Walking through the door.  I have taken this journey "through the door" many times in the past, only my return is usually years after my departure, not just a month.  I walked through the doors at WW yesterday for the first time since mid-December.  It was bad.  Really bad.  But it could have been so much worse.  I was up 8.3 pounds in just over a month.  I'm disgusted with myself, yet proud of myself at the same time.  In the past, I would have not gone back (for years).  This time I knew I had to.  This is just a blip in my life as a Lifetime member of Weight Watchers.  This is a new week and a new year, so I'm back on track and I accept that this will happen from time to time, but I will do everything in my power to stay on track.  My fridge is stocked with good foods and I even through out some perfectly good candy from Thornton's (if you've been to the UK, you'll understand how hard that was!).  Onward and upward (hopefully downward at the scales though!).

If you gained (or think you did) over the holidays or on vacation and are thinking about not going back until you get back on track - please go back.  Waiting to go back until you get back on track is like getting cleaned up to take a bath.  It makes no sense.  If you could have done it alone, you would have done it years ago.  Suck it up and just do it :)

3 comments:

Angela Pea said...

I agree! I was hesitant to go back after the holidays, but I did it. My gain wasn't nearly as bad as I feared, but it was a gain. Nothing that can't be put right in a month or two.

Why is it that the weight comes back at lightning speed? I can gain 8-10 pounds in a few weeks, but it takes a month or more to shed it! :)

Tanya said...

So true!!!!

Anonymous said...

I feel that exact nervousness/fear. I was away from WW for the entire month of December, but bit the bullet and went back in January. It was terrifying to think about doing, but was so glad I did.
I'm happy to report I was only up 1.9 for the entire month!
Welcome Back!