Friday, August 31, 2012

Crack

Pin It I read a blog called Chocolate-Covered Katie.  Someone I know introduced me to it, but I can't recall who...whoever you are, I thank you!  I have not made a lot from her site, but I do love reading it.  This afternoon I struck gold!  I made her No-Bake Coconut Crack Bars.  Once you try them, you will understand why they are called "crack" bars.  These little gems are AMAZING.  The recipe said it made 6-8 servings.  If I cut them into 8 servings, they work out to 3 pts+ each - 6 servings makes them 4 pts+ each.  I decided to bring them to share at WW tomorrow, so I cut them into 16 pieces at 1 pt+ each (or 2 for 3 pts+).  It took me about 5 minutes to make (and that included searching my cupboards for a pan small enough for this recipe).  Super easy, super amazing!  Certainly a 5-star recipe in my books.  The only thing I might do differently next time is to drizzle a bit of melted dark chocolate over them... this is not a criticism of Katie's recipe...just a thought :)

I am having my two small bars tonight with my other addiction...flavoured coffee from my Keurig.  These are two addictions I am not interested in overcoming...



0 comments: