Saturday, January 9, 2010

She speaks!

Pin It Yes, I spoke in public...might as well get used to it since I'm teaching a course at work on Tuesday (more on that in my next post).  Just a quick note, before I head out the door again, to say that I lost FIVE pounds this week!!  My total lost since before Christmas is 7.4lbs!  My TOTAL total now is -28lbs!!!  Today at WW, I got another 5 lb star (my 5th one, thank you very much!) as well as a 25lb anchor (it will go on my 10% keychain when I get it).  Our leader had all but lost her voice this morning, so she asked us to do more sharing than usual...I felt the urge to share (which, in a group where I do not know anyone, is rare for me!)...

Every time that I've done WW in the past (yes, I think I mentioned before that I'm a repeat offender), I have allowed myself "cheat" days.  In the past those have been days where I consciously decided to NOT count my points for the day and to start fresh the next day...the problem with this theory is, in the back of my mind, I was always thinking "well, ya blew it yesterday, so why bother being 100% today?".  This time, I think some of the catholic guilt from my Dad's side of the family is sneaking in....  In the past two weeks I have had (like all of you) Christmas (parties, dinners, etc.), New Years Eve, then I had Christmas 2.0 AND this week I turned 35.  PREVIOUSLY I would have used those major occasions to "cheat".  This time - even when I decided to "cheat" and not count points, I would get home...feel guilty...plug in what I ate...and voila!  I NEVER went over my weekly flex points once!  Also, know that I had counted/tracked my points on those days (and had not, in fact, blown it), I tended to be more on the ball.  I have to say that the "if you bite it, write it" philosophy really does work...so does attending the meetings (the key is to find a great leader...which I have!)

Off to see a movie with my fav. sister in law!  More on the teaching I'll be doing this week in my next post (maybe this afternoon).

1 comments:

Shondi said...

That's awesome! Weight loss, speaking in public, mindset breakthroughs?! Watch out world - here she comes!