Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Corn Chowder - a slight deviation from my original plan

Pin It Tonight I am making corn chowder and adding the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (gotta use 'em up!). I don't have a real recipe for this, I just cut up the bacon (I prefer maple, but regular was on sale for $2.99), fry it and add onions. When onions and bacon are done, add chopped potatoes (bite size) and water and/or chicken broth to cover and boil til potatoes are done. Add chopped peppers, 1 med can of creamed corn and about 2 cups of frozen corn and salt and pepper (and whatever other spices you want) to taste. Bring to a boil and then add milk and/or cream. Tonight I am also going to toss in some shredded cheddar cheese - I think that might be good :-) Pictures to follow after supper!

***
Update:
Forgot to mention - when you add the milk, also add a couple Tbsp of butter/margarine....I also added some fresh cilantro to give more of a Mexican feel. Overall it's great! I added the cheese, but can't really taste it, likely would leave it out next time (to save calories and $!)

Photos: (first one is before adding the milk)

0 comments: