Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It may be ugly...

Pin It But it sure does taste good!!




What is this unidentifiable object on my pretty plate?  Umm...it is supposed to be an omelet!  A friend of mine posted the recipe on Facebook last night - one egg, 3 egg whites, 2 Tbsp guacamole, salsa, cheese, salt, pepper, etc.  It LOOKED amazing.  I had all ingredients in the house (well, for the guacamole and salsa, I had the Epicure spices and ingredients to make them!) so this was tonight's supper.  I added a Costco turkey sausage to the mix, plus some orange pepper and diced onions.  It looked so nice in the pan...until I decided to try and get it OUT of the pan.  I think for omelets like this you really need a GIANT flipper to get it out in one piece.  Anyhow - this is it and it was amazing (like I didn't want it to end amazing).  Who knew that salsa and guacamole were good on eggs????

This is a new keeper recipe for me.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds very yummy!!!!

~Amy

Angela Pea said...

Ha! Salsa and Guac on eggs? That's how we eat them down here in Texas! They're even better with pinto beans tossed in.

Tanya said...

Hahaha - had bootcamp tonight so I left out the beans ;-) Think I might put black beans in next time!