Sunday, July 28, 2013

So I guess it wasn't a fluke....

Pin It I lost again this week!  Another pound and a half gone - thanks to the WW Simply Filling Technique (SFT)!  I do admit, I'm loving this. 

This week my "One Small Change" was to have my usual Pete's Frootique salad, but to make it 100% simply filling (minus the dressing).  My salads are truly an adventure when I go to Pete's.  Normally they "cost" me 6 points+ when I get the fat free raspberry vinaigrette dressing.  On Friday, my challenge was for it (other than dressing) to cost me no weekly points.  Challenge accepted.  Challenge complete.  I left out my usual bacon bits, craisins and feta cheese (sadly) and added extra lean fresh roast beef on top.  The beef was so yummy that I ate it first :) 


In this little adventure (if I can remember it all!) you will find cucumber, spinach, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, chickpeas, beans, eggs, cabbage, mandarin oranges, red onions, cauliflower, broccoli and likely more that I've forgotten.  I got the balsamic vinaigrette on the side (this location doesn't have my raspberry).  I admit... I did not miss my bacon, craisins and feta....much.  Feta really does make the salad :)  I think next time I will use a couple of points and get some feta thrown in.

This coming week we were challenged to try something new - a lot of folks were going to try to be adventurous with their salads.  I think I've got that task complete already - I'm always being adventurous with salad (not a fan of plain old boring green salad).  I'm a big fan of a huge salad that doesn't cost a lot of points - so long as it's got flavour, that is!  My new try this week (not necessarily on salad) is passion fruit.  I bought one at Pete's on Friday and am going to give it a try - it had better be good for the price I paid!  Another try is going to be more challenging... I'm going to a party at someone's house this afternoon and I know there will be nibbles.  I want to try to keep my nibbling primarily SFT.  Wish me luck!

0 comments: