Saturday, October 13, 2012

Do you eat when you are not hungry?

Pin It Fiona posed this question to us at WW today.  Then she said she feels bad afterwards when she thinks of the people who simply do not have that option.  Weight Watchers is currently collecting food for our local food bank (now until Nov 3), so this really hit home.  How often do I eat just because I a) want to or b) because I can?  Some people out there have no idea where their next meal is coming from, let alone their snacks.  I am going to try and keep this in mind this week any time I reach for food - am I really and truly hungry?  Or am I just eating because I can?  Maybe every time I catch myself eating "just because" I should toss an item into the food bank...food for thought...literally.

Anyone interested in dropping off food for those in need can do so at their local food bank, most grocery stores, or their local Weight Watchers location (funny enough, the one in my area is between Flipburger and the Lindt Chocolate store, so easy enough for anyone in the Clayton Park area to find!)

0 comments: